Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How I am

So it's been a few months since I've posted a blog and I decided to take on three touchy subjects in this one.

Why I'm Pro-Choice

Growing up, I was pro-choice simply because I believed that while I personally would not get an abortion unless it would save my life (because there's only one me out there), I didn't think I could make that choice for all the other women out there. And honestly, I don't think anyone can say 'I'll never get an abortion' until they're put in a situation where abortion is honestly an option. It's just not fair to judge those who get one; you don't live their lives. You don't see the hardships they go through that make them take that option into consideration.

My first relationship ever was four years of being sexually abused. And I can honestly say that if I'd gotten pregnant with that boy's child, I would have been unable to love it. This coming from a girl who loves children and desperately wants a family in the future. I physically would not have been able to take the child into my arms at all. I don't even know if I would have been able to mentally or emotionally survive the pregnancy if it ever happened.

There are many of us whose bodies are freaks of nature, due to various things. And pregnancy does impose certain dangers upon many women. I'm sorry, but if the pregnancy would not only kill the child, but kill me, abortion seems like the merciful road to take. And in my opinion, whatever higher being is out there must see both sides of the rail road tracks. This should cause a certain amount of forgiveness to ring through its very core.

Why I'm Pro-Gay

Okay this one is pretty easy for me to explain. I am probably the least judgmental person on this earth's surface. I don't care of you're a raging lesbian, a subtle gay, or whatever you choose to be. As long as you're you, and you can be comfortable being you. Being gay is just as much a choice as being straight. It's as simple as that. So honestly, don't preach love if you can't give it to everyone, unconditionally.

Some of my best friends are gay, transexual, lesbian, bi, or pan. Whatever they choose to be. And they are some of the best people I know. It doesn't make them any less human, any less Christian, any less them. It's just a part of that wonderful person I have the privilege of knowing. I wouldn't have them any other way.

Life is too short to condemn someone merely because of how they love.

Why I Support the 99%


Okay. Besides the fact that I am a part of the 99%. This movement is about battling the greed that has taken over our economy and ultimately our nation.

I work hard, harder than those who make up the 1% and I still can barely make ends meet sometimes. The economy got royally messed up and I for some odd reason am paying for it. I see my money dwindle away to pay bills, and it frustrates me. Do you know how I would love to have enough to not only support myself but to give back and help those who need it as well?

I'm not asking for everything. Like most of us who are part of the 99%, I only want enough to pay off my debt, to cover my bills, and to actually live a life with those I love. It's ridiculous that this is asking too much in the eyes of those who seem to lack the ability to sympathize. I don't want a vacation home in the Bahamas or a super special plane that caters to my needs. I want a real job, with a real paycheck. I want a home, I want a life. This is not unreasonable. I'm 23, and I already have given up hope on achieving this before I'm 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment